Many marketers use marketing techniques like search engine optimization (SEO) and Google Ads to drive traffic and generate leads for their business. Many companies are unaware of which strategies will bring them the best results when planning a marketing campaign. When you look at SEO or Google Ads, you may wonder what is best for your business. On this page, we’ll take a look at the debate between SEO and Google Ads to help you choose the best strategy for your business.
What is SEO?
SEO involves optimizing your website and its content so that it appears higher on the search engine results page (SERP). When users conduct a search, the search engine matches their query with the corresponding web pages. In order for your page to appear in relevant search results, you must use optimization techniques such as keyword integration and internal links. A well-optimized page will generate traffic for your website, which will increase your conversions and sales.
Google determines your ranking based on many factors
the basic factors:
- Keyword selection. You need to select the relevant keywords for your page.
- Content quality. High quality content will extend the life of users on your website, increase engagement and send positive signals to Google about your page.
- Availability of SSL certificate. As a sign of the site’s security.
- User experience (UX). Easy navigation, headers and bullets in the content, attractive images and videos.
- Adaptive design. Compatible with mobile devices.
- Page speed. Your site needs to load quickly, otherwise users may leave your page and your rankings will decrease.
An SEO campaign allows you to increase the expertise, authority and credibility of your site by building, optimizing and improving user experience.
What are Google Ads?
Google Ads is a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising platform that enables marketers to reach interested leads.
PPC Advertising Forms
- Search Ads. These text ads appear at the top of SERPs, above regular listings.
- Banner ads. These ads appear as a carousel at the top of the search results with images of products from different brands. These listings also include prices, so users can compare stores.
- Local service advertisements. Local service advertisements are intended for local services to show points nearby.
With PPC, you only pay when users click on your ad, making Google Ads a more cost-effective option than most traditional advertising methods like radio, television, or newspaper ads. PPC ads operate on a bidding system. You are bidding on the keywords you want to use in your ads. The bid amount is the maximum amount you are willing to pay when someone clicks on your ad. When you bid for a keyword, your ad will appear in search results for that keyword. Your positioning is influenced by your bid and Quality Score, and the frequency with which your ad appears depends on your budget.
SEO vs Google Ads
|Feature||Search Engine Optimization, SEO||Google Ads|
|Trafic||Generates permanent traffic||Generates traffic for the duration of the campaign only.|
|Placement||Placement only in search results||Can place ads in search results and on other Google-owned and partner websites|
|Payment per click||Doesn’t cost anything when someone clicks on your listing.||You pay when people click on your banner ads.|
|Keyword selection||Works for both long-tail and short-tail keywords||Works for both long-tail and short-tail keywords|
|Time||Results take time||Faster results|
|Tracking metrics||Tracking analytics and ROI take time||Track analytics and ROI instantly|
Which is better: Google Ads or SEO?
Which is best for your marketing campaign, SEO or Google Ads, depends on your business goals.
- Google Ads is best for businesses that target leads and sales. This strategy is best for companies that want to see immediate results and be able to track their efforts as soon as they launch a campaign.
- Search Engine Optimization, SEO works best if you want to generate a steady stream of traffic over time or build brand awareness. This strategy helps more people find and learn about your brand. With a little time and effort, you can optimize your site for search engines and help your business drive more traffic.
When you use SEO and PPC ads together, you can
- Boost your brand awareness. SEO and PPC ads double the visibility you can get in search. Both your bottom line and PPC ads increase the number of opportunities that search engines have to visit your page.
- Increased traffic. Using SEO and PPC together gives you the best chance of getting valuable traffic. PPC helps you generate traffic quickly and you can start attracting leads as soon as you launch your ad. When you add SEO, you start attracting long-term traffic. Using both strategies allows you to get the most out of both long-term and short-term traffic.
- Use PPC keywords for SEO optimization. using Google Ads to bid on the same keywords that you’re targeting for SEO means that those keywords are spreading more widely. Plus, keyword testing with PPC ads can help you figure out which keywords will perform best for your SEO campaign.
Boost traffic with Diginet Pro
Now you know the answer to the question of SEO and PPC advertising: Investing in SEO and advertising on Google will help you grow your online business. Ready to get started? Diginet Pro can help. If you want to reach leads, reach out to our team of digital marketing experts. Diginet Pro is your one-stop digital marketing agency and we’re dedicated to delivering real results. As a leading Google partner, you can count on Diginet Pro to help you run successful SEO and PPC ad campaigns. If you want to start developing your business on the Internet, contact us or call +373 69 527 525 to talk to a strategist!